Paramāthasāra: Essence of the Supreme Reality
Duration: 5 hours, 4 min
Companion audio: 5 hours
Companion book: Available for purchase on this page
Release date: 2018
How to watch: You will be directed to a page to watch the videos on our website. Please bookmark that page. Your confirmation email will include the link to get back to that page and a download link.
Purchase video series
Click below to purchase our video series, Paramāthasāra: Essence of the Supreme Reality, revealed by Swami Lakshmanjoo. The series comes with hours of additional authentic audio. Scroll down to purchase the companion book.
Trailer and description
Swami Lakshmanjoo, the fully realized philosopher saint of the long concealed and secret tradition known as Kashmir Shaivism, translates and illuminates Abhinavagupta's Paramāthasāra. Originally a work of Patanjali, Abhinavagupta chose to revise and update this revered treatise in order to reveal the profundities of the Trika Shaivite doctrine.
In the conclusion of the Paramāthasāra Abhinavagupta tells us, "I have kept this Paramāthasāra, in brief words, in one hundred verses. But although it is only one hundred verses in body, in the volume of knowledge it is more than ten million verses."
Abhinavagupta's Paramāthasāra encapsulates the essential teachings of the more difficult and challenging Kashmiri Shaiva works such as his voluminous Tantråloka and Utpaladeva's Ishvarapratyabijna. Unlike these treatises, however, Abhinavagupta's Paramāthasāra does not indulge in exacting dialectic or concise logical argumentation. Rather, it is a straightforward piece intended primarily for novices and yet it is highly beneficial even for the more advanced Shaivite practitioner. Abhinavagupta reveals Kashmir Shaivism's unique understanding of the One and the Many and prescribes highly advanced and effective means for recognizing our true identity as the One.
Swami Lakshmanjoo chose to reveal the Paramāthasāra because, as Abhinavagupta tells us, the Paramāthasāra contains the complete essence of the teachings of Kashmir Shaivism. In this direct and clear-cut explanation, Swamiji reveals and clarifies the essential teachings of this profound philosophical and practical tradition.
“Trika philosophy is meant for any human being, without restriction of caste, creed or color."
Purchase companion book or e-book
Tips for listening to downloaded MP4 files
To watch downloaded MP4 files, you can follow these steps depending on the device or platform you are using:
• Locate the downloaded MP4 file on your computer.
• Double-click on the file, and it should open with your default media player (such as Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player).
• Alternatively, you can open your media player and use its file browser to navigate to the downloaded MP4 file and open it from there.
• Find the downloaded MP4 file on your Mac.
• Double-click on the file, and it should open with the default media player, typically QuickTime Player.
• If the file doesn't open with QuickTime Player, you can right-click on the file, select "Open With," and choose the media player of your choice.
Mobile Devices (Android/iOS):
• Locate the downloaded MP4 file in your device's file manager or the designated downloads folder.
• Tap on the file, and it should automatically open in your default video player app.
• If it doesn't open, you can try installing a third-party media player app from the respective app store (e.g., VLC for Android or Infuse for iOS) and use that app to open the MP4 file.
Smart TVs or Media Streaming Devices:
• Transfer the downloaded MP4 file to a USB drive or external storage device, if necessary.
• Connect the USB drive to your smart TV or media streaming device.
• Use the TV's built-in media player or navigate to the USB drive's file browser to find and play the MP4 file.
Remember, these instructions may vary slightly depending on your specific operating system, media player, or device.