- The Lakshmanjoo Academy is now formed and will be housing all of the writings and books Swami Lakshmanjoo has left with us. These include texts that we have edited and published, as well as additional texts waiting to be released. As an academic organization, we plan on publishing all of Swami Lakshmanjoos revelations, such as the Spanda Karika and the Spanda Sandoha, which are due out next year.
- This Spring, we released the stunning Festival of Devotion & Praise: The Shivastratovali in a 510-page, hard-cover book along with a CD. In his translation of these hymns, Swami Lakshmanjoo describes Utpaladeva’s longing & devotion for God Consciousness, and how this is the calling of all sincere spiritual aspirants. These hymns are so profound they have the power to free the devoted reader from the restrictions of their intellect and instantaneously elevate them to the experience of oneness with the very nature of their own divine consciousness. If you want your own life & relationship to God, as expanded consciousness all around you to inform your life, than please enjoy this book (visit our website www.LakshmanjooAcademy.org for details). This book, which is available on our website is also an exquisite gift for someone in your life who wants a glimpse of the longing for God as shared by Swami Lakshmanjoo himself.
- We are so pleased to announce that, with your help, we have hired our first publishing expert who is helping us repackage all of our books into a volume set along with beginning to out-reach to national and global book distribution and retail partners. This, more than anything else, will transform our work in 2015 and beyond into the type of teaching organization Swami Lakshmanjoo envisioned; one which can share the works of Kashmir Shaivism far and wide.
- In mid October, we launched our first webinar study-group for students who long for the depth & intimacy of learning the profound works of Kashmir Shaivism as taught by Swamiji. This weekly class called Kashmir Shaivism & the Transformation of Life has over 90 participants from around the world. Many of the participants have expressed their gratitude to John & Denise Hughes and George Barselaar, for bringing a new clarity and depth of understanding to Swamiji’s teachings. Some of the comments of appreciation we have received:
Wonderful first Webinar I enjoyed it immensely.
It was so nice hearing everyone’s voice, hearing the stories,
listening to the commentaries, the breathing exercise, etc.
Much appreciated on this end.
I’m looking forward to next week.
I really liked the pictures while you were talking too.
Jai Guru Dev
“. . . truly flawless and beautiful.
Everything flowed amazingly well. I
was able to follow all aspects of your
teaching . . .
. . . adding the breathing technique twice
a day is perfect. These fifteen verses seem
like a perfect place to start.”
“I want to congratulate you all at the academy for
reaching this milestone of conducting a successful webinar.
This was a great experience for me after a long time.
I enjoyed every minute of it and look forward to the next one.
Thank you all for doing this.”
Jai Guru Dev !!
- Per the request of our new book agent, we will be writing a consumer-facing book on Kashmir Shaivism in 2015. It can be described as a “beginner’s manual” of sorts on the profound insights Kashmir Shaivism holds. This effort will take committed staff time, and funds are being raised to support the goal of having a solid book proposal to our book agent by June, 2015.
- In 2015, we will be hosting our first ever widely publicized weekend workshop in Culver City, California. This will be the first weekend workshop of its kind hosted by the Lakshmanjoo Academy, as it will be open to many more students and provide time for learning practical techniques and having conversations about how to apply the tools of Kashmir Shaivism into one’s own life as a transformative tool. Funds are needed to secure a large space to host this retreat and marketing support.