Universal Shaiva Fellowship &
Ishwar Ashram Trust
We are excited to present:
“The Wisdom of
Selected verses chosen by Swami Lakshmanjoo
for our spiritual practice.
This study retreat is based on video recordings from lectures Swami Lakshmanjoo revealed to John Hughes’ family and Inder Krishen Raina in 1988.
Swamiji said that these verses are “The Cream of Kashmir Shaivism“.
5 Day Workshop
Join us for this once in a lifetime learning experience on the sacred Ganges river in Rishikesh, India.
We will discuss and put into practice selected verses from the Wisdom of Kashmir Shaivism.
- practice yoga asana and pranayama
- daily Puja with explanation
- study selected verses
- question & answer sessions
- enjoy the sacred space of mother Ganga
- Aarti (light) on the Ganga
- savor delicious Indian vegetarian food
- Final evening dinner with entertainment
- deeply relax
- daily practice from Vijnana Bhairava
Course participants will receive:
- Video recordings of Swami Lakshmanjoo
- Hard-cover book with verses and transcript
- Practices to enhance your understanding of Kashmir Shaivism
- Discussions with John, Denise Hughes and George Barselaar.
As a realized master Swami Lakshmanjoo (1907-1991) both understood and experienced the essence of this universal teaching. Throughout his lifetime he freely invited everyone to explore the means by which they could recognize and experience the reality of their own divinity.
In 1988 Swami Lakshmanjoo traveled all the way to Nepal so he could meet with John and Denise Hughes and family and Inder Krishen Raina. There he shared with them a special series of verses on practice that he had been collecting the year before to highlight the most important points of Kashmir Shaivism. He called it, “The Cream of Kashmir Shaivism.”
Swamiji told them: “It is for your daily recitation. Maybe sometime you will experience these stages.”
Discussions will be led by John and Denise Hughes and George Barselaar, all of whom studied directly with Swami Lakshmanjoo.
10 Days (9 Nights) Retreat includes:
- Transportation Delhi – Rishikesh and back, transportation for day trips in Haridwar and Rishikesh with Volvo bus.
- Accommodations at comfortable and high-quality hotels – Private room or shared room options
- 5-day workshop – All inclusions
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Visits to Temples and Ashrams
- Aarti at Ganga
- Ceremony for ancestors on Ganga in Hardiwar where Swamiji’s ashes were placed
Study Retreat in INDIA – December 8-13th, 2020 (Workshop Dec 9-13th)
Explore Rishikesh & Haridwar – December 14-17th, 2020
(Meet in Delhi on Dec 8th at 8am for travel to Rishikesh – location to be announced)
Rishikesh & Haridwar, India
Prices (not including airfare):
- 10 day Retreat (accommodation, food, 5-day workshop, transportation etc.)
- Private Room $3600 ($3400 early bird – before May 9th)
- Double Room – each $3100 ($2900 early bird – before May 9th)
Further details, including venue/registration/final payment deadline will be shared in April!
$250 to reserve your space.